(believed to be regex related)
We all do it. We tell them not to do it, we try to show some safer techniques, but programmers love to use regular expressions when better parsing alternatives already exist that are clearer and easier for devs to reason about. This is the start of the wall of infamy.
- The Russian Twitter URL Shortener - Sites with t and co
- The Capital One / AWS Wildcard Breach - An Expensive Star
- The Cloudflare 2019-07-02 Outage - Heavy Backtracking, also Another Take
- Google Erases its CDN
- Cisco - Ah, just block curl
- Stack Exchange / Stack Overflow trimming spaces